February 12, 2014

Our Master Bedroom

Our master bedroom is located upstairs and on the back of our house overlooking the backyard and the pool.  It has an attached bathroom.  My son's bedroom and another bathroom are also upstairs.

I love the calm feeling of this room.  It faces north and I rarely close the curtains.  There is nothing behind us but rolling hills.

I made the cotton damask drapes and the matching dust ruffle and throw pillows.  I also slip covered the chairs.  The chairs originally belonged to my mom and are a rust velvet under these slip covers.
The headboard, the night stand you see in this picture and the dresser are the only NEW furniture we've ever bought since being married, other than some bookcases. We bought this set at Art Van in Grand Rapids a couple of years ago and love it.  It is the perfect blend of rustic French Country that I love.  I also love the x's on each piece.  (It seems to be a reoccurring theme in our house.)
We had to cut about 5 inches off the bottom of the headboard to make it fit in this wall space.  (We have the pieces stored to add back on in case we ever move!)
We love the view out this window and keep a pair of binoculars sitting on the table.  Looking out here in the mornings or at dusk, we have seen hundreds of deer, a family of foxes, a raccoon, a porcupine, a cougar and a black bear!  Even though we live in the city limits, the wild life is abundant!  I hope you can see the frosted trees and all the snow in this picture.


I bought the 'dream' pillow at HomeGoods.
I still have a few changes I'd like to make in here but am happy with the overall feel.
This picture is taken standing in the double doorway of the master bath.   I still have a few things to do in there and then will post some pictures of it.  

I hope you're having a good day and staying warm. 

Love and blessings!
"Honor your father and your mother and you shall love your neighbor as yourself." Matthew 19:19

I'm linking up with SavvySouthernStyle - Wow us Wednesdays and with Frommyfrontporchtoyours Treasure Hunt Thursdays

11 comments:

  1. I love your bedroom. It is so warm, cozy, and beautiful. I love the view out your window. Blessings Paula Lusk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Paula! love and blessings - Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous bedroom you have....I bet the view is stunning!?!?!? I can't believe you made the slipcovers for your chairs, they look amazing!!!!
    Have a Happy Valentine's Day!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Deserae! I think your home is beautiful and love your website. And I have slip covered every chair in my house more than once! lol Thanks for your kind comments!
    Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bedroom is just beautiful, and yes, very calming! You have such an amazing view!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty and restful room, I love the colours you have chosen. I am currently re doing my own bedroom in soft blues and greys. I have been looking for the perfect blue for my walls and finding it very difficult. I am in New Zealand, we have Taubmans, Resene and Dulux brands but there is not one blue out of the tin that works. What is the colour on your walls please? I have found something similar but it is a little strong so I am wondering if I can mix in some white to tone it down.

    Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lee! The color is Valspar 'Distant Valley" in a satin finish. I have often mixed my own paint colors, dipped a paint stick in it and taken it to the store to have it matched. I've also taken a piece of fabric and had the store match it. They're usually very accurate. I hope you find the perfect color!
      love and blessings!

      Delete
  7. Lynda, your bedroom is lovely. What a great view from that pretty window. It all looks so serene and peaceful. I'd love it if you would share this post at my monthly blog party Every Room In The House. This month we're partying in The Master Bedroom, so your post would be fit right in. Here's the link: http://www.ajoyfulcottage.com/2014/03/every-room-in-house-party-3.html
    I hope you'll come. ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, Nancy! I just saw your comment. I will join you ASAP.

      Delete
  8. HI Lynda, what a lovely room! I love the wall color and the drapes you made...so pretty:) It would be wonderful if you would share your favorite posts at my Friday Favorites Link Party. It goes live at 7 PM every Thursday at mustlovehome.com. I hope to see you there...Hugs – Christine

    ReplyDelete