April 1, 2015

My Trip to France

This morning I took a trip to France.

I have always wanted to visit France.  I took six years of French in school and had the most wonderful teacher.  She spent two years in France and would tell us all about the family she lived with and the wonderful life-style of the people that live in the country.

It's been many years since I sat and listened to her stories but I've never lost my love for all things French.

And this morning I was in love all over again as I got to walk through the most wonderful old building that used to be a 'summer kitchen.'

I took a drive down country roads through lovely hamlets and found beautiful old ruins and learned their history.  I saw Spring come to France and the trees begin to fill with blooms.  I even got to join in on a tea party with two beautiful little girls, a dog, a cat and a chicken!

All from the comfort of my couch.

If you have always wanted to visit France, you will love Susan's blog - Our French Oasis.  She and her family have bought the most wonderful old house in a small village in France and she shares their lives there on her blog with beautiful photos and charming narrative.

I will be visiting France regularly now and am so pleased that I can now see all the things I've always hoped to through the eyes of such a lovely lady.

love and blessings~

"Blessed are the pure in heart; for they shall see God."  Matthew 5:8

No comments:

Post a Comment