August 28, 2015

End of Summer French Blue Shutters

The weather has really been cool here in Michigan the last week.  I think fall is so beautiful, especially here,  but the summers here are short and mild and autumn is followed by a long, cold, snowy winter.  And I honestly get a little sad when I realize summer is ending.  So I cheered myself up with a little paint!

Recently I changed my rug in my living room.  I'm really happy with this rug in here but the jute rug that was here before was medium brown and added a little more contrasting color to this room.  The wool rug is the same color as the furniture and has washed things out a bit.

The thought that 'I can re-paint my shutters' has always been in back of my mind and this seemed like a good time to see if changing them would add a little more color drama to the room.

I painted all the shutters in this area.
I am really liking the contrast now.  The shutters were originally painted SW Interesting Aqua and SW Rain and darkened a little with SW Seal.



The new color I mixed here at home but is more of a French Blue.  I left some of the old, lighter and darker colors showing - giving them a worn look.
 My Endless Summer hydrangeas were starting to fade so I filled this copper pot and put them on the dining room table to dry.  I love the beautiful mix of colors!
My Strawberry Shortcake hydrangeas are all still beautiful and slowly turning pink at the bottom of each bloom.
I think the darker color is perfect and gives a new dimension to these rooms.  


The shutters in the family room are still the lighter color.  I always want these rooms to coordinate, because they're open to each other, but I like that there's also a difference now.

Have a wonderful weekend!

love and blessings~

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."  Philippians 4:8

Joining these linky parties:
/thecharmofhome
frenchcountrycottage
too-much-time
tatertotsandjello
cedarhillfarmhouse
stonegableblog
cupcakesandcrinoline
thededicatedhouse

14 comments:

  1. Love the color! Beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy! Thanks for visiting and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Lynda, your family room is gorgeous! I love your style, it looks so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this room it looks gorgeous! So inviting and warm.
    Blessings, Candy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Candy! love and blessings to you and your family! :)

      Delete
  4. Lynda its awesome. Nice color and style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect, absolutely perfect. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love shutters in front of those doors! Such a pretty look. Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete