September 17, 2015

From "Farmhouse" to "French Country" Part Three

For those of you that have been following my blog, we are two steps closer to finishing our kitchen.

We got our new stainless gas range and we are loving it!
I ordered it online from Lowe's and really had to pay attention to details and people's reviews.  I chose this one because the sides have a lip that comes over the edge of the cabinet so things can't fall between the stove and the cabinet.

This one also has a 'dip' in the back that allows the gas line and electrical to fit in there.  Then the stove fits right up against the wall.

I was mentally ready to send it back and try again but my first choice worked perfectly!
I put my sweet cow back above the stove (he had been living with my other cows in the basement) and also added a print of cows to the wall.  My cows were in this area last year and became a real topic of conversation with my family so I thought they didn't like them.  They were all happy when I brought them back - lol!
We also got a new faucet.  Our old one was silver and I wanted one that matched the oiled bronze hardware and the other sink.
We've decided not to get a new sink right now.  We don't want to replace our counter tops and it would be pretty hard to replace the sink and have it fit perfectly.  Our current sink is in perfect condition and it's a nice sink. I would love to have a farm house sink and if we ever replace our counter tops, we'll get one then.
We finally got our schedule to match the "tile guy's" and my husband surprised me by asking him to give us an estimate on our kitchen floor as well as the master bathroom!  I've always thought our kitchen floor was weird/neat?  I like the wood inlay but wish it went both directions making a diamond pattern instead of just the one way.  We'll probably take a trip to the tile store this weekend and pick out tile for the master bathroom and the kitchen!  Yay!
We still need to put up our new back splash.  I've picked out 4" travertine tile that we're going to set on an angle.  It's such a small space and since it's completely open to the rest of the house, I'm going to keep it very simple.  If we get a new floor, I will so a similar tile also set on an angle.
From Farm house to French Country Part One
From Farm House to French Country Part Two
I'll include more pictures of the kitchen soon when I do a Fall Tour.

Have a wonderful day!

love and blessings~

"Ordering the people to sit down on the grass, (Jesus) took the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up toward heaven, He blessed the food, and breaking the loaves He gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the crowds," Matthew 14:19

I'm joining these linky parties:
thecharmofhome
frenchcountrycottage
designsbygollum

10 comments:

  1. Lynda, your kitchen is great! I love the cow and the way you've decorated that ledge up there. I have the same thing but haven't ever decorated it. You've got me thinking now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacey! Since our kitchen is so open I was so happy to get rid of the microwave we had here and add some 'pretty!' Have fun decorating!

      Delete
  2. Your kitchen is so charming! I love your cow's head. I really want one, now if I can only convince my hubby ....

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you, Susan! I took mine down for a while and my family started asking for it. My husband likes it! :) Hope you get to have one!
      love and blessings~

      Delete
  3. Love Your Kitchen Lynda. I am in the market for a gas stove and have looked at several. Would you be willing to share the name and who it is made by. Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Linda! I believe this is it! http://www.lowes.com/pd_544164-83-PGS920SEFSS___?productId=50080840&pl=1&Ntt=ge+30%22+slide+in+gas+range

      Delete
  4. Lynda,
    Gorgeous French Country Kitchen, dear friend!!!
    I love your new stove!!!
    Funny. . .how when you take something away, how quickly the personality of the whole room changes!!!
    Glad your family was in agreement about the cows!!!
    It is an exciting time for new tiles at your back splash and on your floors!!!
    I l o v e the tiles we choose last year in our entry!!!
    Thank you for sharing and inspiring!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen is beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete