December 28, 2015

My New Year's Resolution

Do you make 'New Year's Resolutions?'  My birthday is in October so I typically take stock then, make some changes, and then see how I'm doing at the start of the year.

But this December, God's been talking to me about making some changes.

I have something on my heart that I've wanted to do for years...for decades...and have never done it. With God's help this year, I'm going to try to write a book.  

I've had it on my heart for years.  It will take some research and many hours of work but God gave me a plan that I think will help me accomplish 'our' goal.  I'm sharing this in hopes that it may help you, too.

God told me to make a schedule.  

This seems like such a simple idea.  I haven't had a schedule for years since I quit home-schooling our children.  They have all graduated from high school and our two oldest have graduated from college.  After I quit home-schooling, I wandered around for a few years, going "What do I do now? What do I do now?"  lol

I am not a naturally disciplined person.  When I was home-schooling, the hardest thing for me the first couple of years, was sticking to a schedule. When I quit home-schooling, it never occurred to me to have a schedule.  In fact, it was a glorious relief to NOT have a schedule! 

But God spoke to me the other day and told me to make this change. My family had already suggested that I set aside times that I would dedicate to writing, but when God down-loaded this to me, He empowered and convicted me. So I have been working on it.  

I'm starting slowly. I have designated times that I will write. I have penciled in times that I will do other things that need to be done weekly - like clean, grocery shop, laundry and errands, Gates of Crystal. I am so bad at this! But I am going to continue to work at this until it's a part of my life.

One of the things that has messed me up a little this year is our son came back home to live with us. I had a desk set up in our guest room that helped keep me organized and all my books were in there. He's been home for six months and I had to reorganize. He may be moving back to Boston soon and that will change.  (I will be very sorry to have him go!)  But I will once again have an organized spot and a sunny place to write.

My husband and I have each made a list of things we'd like to accomplish this year. We are praying together over our lists and are going to keep each other accountable. I like to think of myself as creative and having to 'do my thing' when the inspiration hits.  :)  But recently I heard Kris Vallotton say that when writing a book you start out with inspiration but the last few months are just hard work. I needed to hear that.

I have been meeting with some friends of mine to pray on Monday mornings and for Bible study and prayer on Thursday evenings.  We have been wonderfully connecting with God and are freshly flowing in Words of Knowledge and the prophetic. This time has become so precious to us!  And God seems to be connecting each one of us with people we've lost touch with and the first thing they ask is what we're doing. I had a dream the other night that the room was full of people, including men. I've been very encouraged about what the Lord is doing.  

I want to encourage you to pray.  To start with even one person and meet weekly and pray! I believe that this is the step that began to change things.  

So now, I'm even accountable to you.  Maybe we can be accountable to each other.  

If you'd like to comment and share something that God has put on your heart to do this year, please do! Or you can email me at lyndabrandly@gmail.com or add me as a friend on Facebook.  I also have a Summits of Rubies Facebook page if you'd like to join.  

I have a fresh hope that this will be a year of gain and accomplishing goals!  

love and blessings for a prosperous new year!
"Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is."  Ephesians 5:15,16,17

No comments:

Post a Comment