March 21, 2016

Happy Spring!

Don't you just love Spring! I know I do!

We've had some really mild weather here in Michigan but we all know that warm weather is probably a good month away. So, I've decided to pay more attention to the calendar than the weather report and add some Spring to our family room.

I haven't made any big changes in here for a while.  We're adding some rustic touches with wood trim and beams in some of the house and I think I'll soon do the same in here.
But to celebrate Spring, I've added some pink blooms.

A Spring mix on the coffee table and some cherry blossoms behind the couch add just a soft touch of color.
I bought this ginger jar at HomeGoods. It's a lighter blue than my other blue and white and I love it in here. Because it's lighter, it doesn't seem to be quite so formal and traditional so it's perfect in our casual family room.
I had gotten influenced by how popular silver was recently but gold has always been my favorite so I changed all my picture frames and accents back to gold all around our house.


I found this little pot at HobbyLobby. It's kind of rustic finish. There were a couple of different shapes and sizes and I bought a couple for the deck this summer.





We're supposed to get snow later this week so I'm enjoying the sun today. Have a wonderful week!

love and blessings~
"Behold, I will set your stones in turquoise, and your foundations I will lay in sapphires. I will make your summits of rubies and your gates of crystal, and your entire wall of precious stones."
Isaiah 54:11,12

28 comments:

  1. Lynda, your living room is beyond beautiful, so elegant, peaceful, and yet filled with the promise of spring. The soft pink flowers are the perfect touch. Anyone who passes through this room will be touched by grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michael Lee! Your comment made me emotional. Thank you for the blessing~

      Delete
  2. Lynda,
    I adore the touches of Spring branches with soft pink blossoms, dear friend!
    The subtle blue and white jars blend harmoniously with your family room decor!
    Spring is a happy time here on the Prairie!
    Have a blessed Holy Week and Easter!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda, I have a hard time coming up with something original to say when I visit you because I've already used all the adjectives: beautiful, serene, gorgeous, french country. I love it all! The pink flowers are perfect for this time of year. I like the way you've styled the sofa table too. :)

    Your house needs to be in a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Stacey! You are always so generous!

      Delete
  4. Your living room is lovely. I am so glad to see gold tones coming back also. Items in gold seem warmer to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Lynda. The calm before the [snow]storm. Enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rita! They changed the 'snow' to 'rain' for one of the days so hopefully it won't be too bad! Hope you're doing well! Happy Easter!

      Delete
  6. Your room looks beautiful. I am happy to hear that gold is coming back because I have never changed some gold things that came with our house! Love it when problems solve themselves while I do nothing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eilis! You are more 'stable' than I am then! lol I love the elegance of gold.

      Delete
  7. What a truly "great" room you have there. Everything looks so pretty and the touch of pink is perfect for spring! I was just listening to the weather forecast. Wouldn't you know I convinced hubby to take off the snow tires since it's been so mild. We're expecting 4 to 8 inches. Oh well at this time of year it won't last long...just a small set back. We Michiganders are eternal optimists aren't we!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liz! And 'yes, we are!' We haven't gotten any snow yet but we're supposed to today! Hopefully it won't last long!

      Delete
  8. I always enjoy seeing your beautiful space especially your soft blue shutters at the windows. They are unique and special.
    Happy Easter. He is risen, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Connie! Have a blessed Easter! Jesus is Lord!

      Delete
  9. Lynda, what a beautiful and gracious room...welcoming and peaceful! I love your touches of spring! Wishing you a joy-filled Easter! Blessings, Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Pam! Blessings and love to you and your family as we celebrate Our Savior's life, death and resurrection!

      Delete
  10. Your living room is so beautiful!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your living room is so lovely and has the most gorgeous light pouring in! Thanks for sharing its beauty with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lynda- you are a marvel.
    Your home has that perfect combination of beauty and graciousness. I would love to sit in your living room and hear about every detail.

    Thank you so much for sharing this with us all at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. We are so glad you are here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura! You are so kind! And I would love to have you over some time and I'm sure we can find something much more interesting to talk about! ;)
      love and blessings for a wonderful Easter~

      Delete
  13. Your blue bergère and ottoman is just wonderful!

    Thank you so much for sharing this lovely post at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. Wishing you and yours a glorious Easter.

    ReplyDelete