August 17, 2016

My Father's Eyes

Lately, I've been taking stock of myself.

I feel like I'm able to look at myself more honestly lately than I ever have in my life. I am able to look at my weaknesses and my bad patterns very clearly and then make a clear decision on whether or not I'm going to change.

I think several years ago this would have been too painful for me. I hid myself from myself. I glossed over my weaknesses. I purposely ignored my failures.

This morning, I was thanking God for the strength He's given me lately to do this and God surprised me again with His grace.

He told me how much He loved me~how precious I am to Him. He reminded me that He has always seen my weaknesses but He sees my strengths and mostly He sees me the way He intended me to be. He sees my potential. And He never wants me to forget that. He wants me to always see myself as He sees me. He wants me to remember that we're not done yet. And He appreciates that I'm always wanting to improve and become more like Him.

As I was thanking Him for letting myself see myself honestly, I was thinking of writing it down for all of you. And when God began to speak to me, He told me, "Tell them this!"

"I love YOU so much~You are precious to me. I have always seen your weaknesses but I see your strengths too. Mostly I see you the way I intended you to be. I see your potential. And I never want you to forget that. Always remember the way I see you. We're not done yet. And I appreciate that you are always wanting to improve and become more like Me"

            Love, Your Father

Have a wonderful day!

love and blessings~

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Lynda, I pray that others will read and be blessed by it. We sometimes forget how much he loves us, I always think about how much I love my children and grandchildren(that he so graciously blessed my husband and I with) and then think wow and our heavenly Father loves us even more then that, hard to imagine but so very true.
    Blessings,
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Candy! May we be amazed daily by how perfect His love is. Love and blessings to you and your family!

      Delete
  2. Thank you Lynda for sharing this. I feel like I have been going through this myself as of late. I want to be what God wants me to be and that includes changing any weaknesses, bad patterns of thinking, etc. I love the fact that He told you that He sees us the way He intended us to be, that He sees our potential. That gives me a lot of peace because it reassures me that He sees what needs changed in me and still says He loves me so much and that I am precious to Him! I needed to be reminded/reassured of this today. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! I often forget that I am loved just for who I am and not what I am doing. I pray you are receiving a fresh revelation of His beautiful, perfect love today.
      love and blessings~

      Delete
  3. Good Morning Lynda, I'm checking in with you. It's been awhile since we have heard from you. I have tried to post on the last two blogs but something went wrong. I emailed you but never heard back. I pray all in well in your life and blessings abound. Patty Ann in Tulsa

    ReplyDelete